Business Builders, a program of the Simi Valley Chamber of Commerce, is a business mastermind group open to all members of the Simi Valley Chamber of Commerce. The group meets twice monthly, on the first and third Thursday, at 8:00 AM. For more information, contact Amy Corneau.
There are many reasons to join a business mastermind group like Business Builders, but here are our top 5:
1. Advice: There is nothing like good advice from people who share your struggles and experiences. Whether you're new to entrepreneurship, or have been running your own show for many years, sometimes you just need advice on managing stress, prioritizing tasks, balancing work and family life, how to clear up a misunderstanding with a client or how to drive new sales.
2. Motivation: What gets you going? Seeing and hearing about creative new approaches and the success of other people who are also entreprenrus be a huge motivator. Support and encouragement from people who know what you are going through can help you get in gear to move on to the next challenge.
3. Direction: Where do you see yourself in one, three or five years from now? Your mastermind community can help you set a goal and map your path to get there. As entrepreneurs, we set our own priorities and schedule. That can be, as they say, a blessing and a curse. Having accountability to your mastermind group can unlock, unblock and unstick you.
4. Coaching: It can be really hard for an entrepreneur to ask for help and coaching. After all, we are supposed to have all the answers, right? Masterminds can be a wonderfully sneaky way for entrepreneurs to get the coaching they need in the form of brainstorming. Like-minded individuals who have gone through similar struggles can offer sold answers to help you navigate the challenges more effectively, and get through the tough times strategically.
5. Support: It's lonely at the top, and as an entrepreneur, you may have begun to feel that more keenly than most. Dionne Warwick may have said it best in her song: "That's What Friends Are For." Masterminds are designed to develop strong support teams for you during the tough times, and often they develop into lifetime friendships.
If any of these reasons speak to you and your business, please join us for a meeting to learn more and see what Business Builders has to offer!